Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What a sad day.

Christi Thomas died today after a four year battle with neuroblastoma. She was nine years old. I have been reading a blog dedicated to her since May. This little girl was incredibly smart, witty, and talented. Physically she was beautiful, but her beauty was so much deeper. She loved animals, was an avid reader and artist. Her humor lasted until the end. I had a dream about Christi this morning, that I went to see her in the hospital. She was alone and tightly wrapped in a blanket because they had taken a lot of blood to try to grow her cancer cells (that was planned for today). All of a sudden it looked like she was silently screaming (the doctor said it might be bad at the end). But then she grew very peaceful and opened her eyes and got up out of the bed. I thought that she had been healed and looked around for someone to tell, but no one was around. Then I realized she had been healed. That ultimate healing we receive in heaven. Then I woke up. Christi is in heaven with Jesus, out of pain and full of happiness. Her family will see her again someday. But until then they will always have a part of them missing. I will continue to pray for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter